Monday, September 28, 2009

sloppy posts

I hate this all of my blogs are un-profread before posted because. I am trying to get then out in time. But even more so in this post because the poem In My Father's House is to similar to my own family story and I was trying to keep distance by refering to the author as the author to stay away from assuming gender and I kept switch back to her or she.

I am really sorry that what I have contributed has been so sloppy. If a blog is the same as a one pager I am failing miserably. It just seems so different than writing a paper that is turned in. I want to maintain the freeflow of ideas or discovery but I seriously need to get it together so that you can actually read what I write. I am so embarassed that my work has been miles beneath the level of writing that you my classmates have been contributing.In the future I will get it done sooner and copy and paste it so that I can make sure its proofread and understandable. I do have dyslexia and when I am tired I atat switching stuff all over the place. So again I am so sorry. I meant to say that the word Family is too fat and heavy. Not the word only.

Is there a way to re- open your own post and correct it? If any one knows how to do that could they PLEASE pass that info along?

6 comments:

  1. Suki,

    Its easiest for me when I can take notes while I'm reading the works, and jot down my ideas before I get to the computer. Its really the only way my brain can work it all out. Each blog entry is supposed be at least 2 pages. I think your writing should be whatever the pieces evoke from you. We're supposed to go there in ourselves, to dive in and let ourselves be raw to the experience of poetry. If that makes you feel angry or small go with that write that. I think everyone in the class is doing what they can. Be confident in your voice. Recognize that your thoughts have power. We can talk more in person about all of this. In the meantime take it slow we're not supposed to be like everyone else. Take good care

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some ways, I feel that I need to analyze the poems like an explication and not go there in myself. I feel like I receive mixed messages in the way we are supposed to respond to the blogs. I do what to go there and write whatever the piece evokes from me but I feel like I am holding back because the academic in me feels like I shouldn't write using "I", etc. Thank you Suki and Aries for bringing clarity and honesty to what we need from ourselves and what we want to bring to the blog and into the classroom.

    Best,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melissa we"re all really trying to figure it out for ourselves as writers, as the little children we've always been, and as the academic that sometimes comes peek-a-booing out of our invisibility cloaks. It is a lesson plan in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you on having difficulties. For some reason this medium is really difficult for me, as well as the specific time requirements.

    ReplyDelete