Wednesday, September 30, 2009

oakland open mic

hi folks. the organization i work for, youth speaks, is starting a new season of under-21 open mics in both oakland in san francisco. the first one of the year is:

october 9
7pm
FREE
Oakland Art Gallery
15th & Broadway, inside the plaza


i have been to so many of these it's hard to count & they NEVER fail to surprise & inspire me. there is always a slew of young folks on the mic, many of them youth of color, & then a featured writer/poet/performer later on. you don't want to miss this, these young folks can BUST.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Meg. It sounds great. I'm going to try to go with my 15-year-old son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I haven't been to one of these in so long. My friends Shannon and Tasion and some others used to spit there...

    -Dorothy

    ReplyDelete