Monday, September 14, 2009

oppps senior thesis blog

I miss you dad
did you know
did you notice I was there
as you sat in your medal folding chair
next to the shot gun
smoking cigarrete after ciggarette
contemplating pulling the trigger
I was there
not the beauty queen with golden hair
I was there
and I knew
about you watching your twin die
and the disappearance of you
How you fought to be seen
How you lost being a human being
I miss you
I hate you
because I was there
and sitting at your feet was more
than most got
but you didn't notice
i was there
and we were both lost
I sit sometimes in the same position
but I am lucky
I notice
I listen
to the people that care to sit at my feet
I was there
I was there
I was there
I WAS THERE!

1 comment:

  1. I like the line "how you lost being a human being". I think that happens to a lot of us at times. Its really weird because I was questioning that today, what it means to be human? What it means to have life, and what it means to make a good life? Those questions are still unanswered by me, but reading this poem makes me think about it a little harder..
    -Dorothy

    ReplyDelete